This year, for the first hear ever, YYC Growers will be handling Free-Range and Organic Turkeys that can be ordered for your 14th Harvest Box pick-up, just in time for Thanksgiving Weekend! We want your family and friends to pair our veggies with an equally delicious bird raised by a dedicated 4 Generation Family farm. These birds are fresh (unfrozen), and should be cooked by Canada’s guide to safe food handling. Birds need to be pre-ordered and require a $30 Deposit, the remainder of the cost to be paid at pick-up.
Thanksgiving is officially October 9th. If you would like a gourmet bird raised by a family of dedicated Alberta farmers for your Thanksgiving feast, Pre-Order now.
Click here, and follow the prompts. The following choices will need to be emailed to email@example.com:
1) Free-Range or Organic. Winter’s Turkeys offer both Free-Range and Organic Birds.
- Free-Range: $9.25/kg, $4.50/lbs
- Certified Organic Heirloom: $14.75/kg, $6.75/lbs
- Weight will be rounded to their nearest quarter.
2) Size. Please note that Turkey sizes are estimates. Winter’s provide approximate sizes based on how large they predict the birds to be come October, but your bird might be slightly larger or smaller than you pre-order. We will keep customers updated on the size of birds, as Winter’s updates us on how the flock progresses. Size options are
- Free Range: 7 – 8 kg, 15 – 18 lbs
- Organic: 6 – 7 kg, 13 – 15 lbs
3) Pick-up Location: Because YYC Growers is piloting Turkey distribution for this Thanksgiving, we cannot distribute Turkeys to all pick-up Locations. We sincerely apologize for this, but we have included a few options to allow all our customers access to Turkeys. Turkey Pick-ups will happen on the following days at the following locations:
- Tuesday (best cooked Saturday) – Deerfoot City and Social Supper, Airdrie
- Wednesday – HSCA
- Thursday – Bridgeland
- Friday – YYC Growers Warehouse 4 – 7 pm
- If your pick-up location is not listed, choose to come to the YYC Growers Warehouse on the Friday and get your bird then. It’ll be a great opportunity to see our space, meet some of us and maybe have a coffee from Devil’s Head Coffee.
4) Deposit. Pre-ordering a bird will come with a $30 deposit. This fee is to secure things on our end and Winter’s Turkeys who will be wrangling the turkeys before we distribute them.