YYC Growers and Distributors is a cooperative of Urban and Rural farmers in the Calgary area, sharing knowledge & building an infrastructure so all can thrive.
We all believe in food security for Calgary by providing good, high quality produce that was grown in and around the city.
YYC Growers and Distributors strives to:
- Through production, aggregation, and distribution; provide local, organic food to customers at a price that is fair to consumers and producers.
- Strengthen market presence for member-growers and reduce marketing costs for individual member-growers.
- Demonstrate that urban farming is a viable use of land in Calgary.
- Exemplify the functionality of partnerships between urban and rural farms
The current YYC Growers and Distributors board consists of urban and rural farming members:
- President and General Manager: Kye Kocher
- Past President and Secretary (and Harvest Box administrator): Dennis Scanland
- Treasurer: Marcus Riedner
- Board member (rural farm relations): Daniel Chappell
- Board member (operations): Linda Samletzki