- lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2lbs turnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook cubed potatoes and turnips in boiling salted water until fork tender; drain well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute for about 3 - 4 minutes.
- To the skillet, add the cooked drained potato and turnip cubes.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook and stir until potatoes and turnips are lightly browned (or browned to your liking), adjusting heat as necessary.
- When done, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.